Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Blue Congratulations Card (Crafty Creations Challenges #296)

http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone :-D 

It´s time for a new challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges.

Our theme for this fortnight is #296 - Back to School: Use a new technique that you have never tried before.


New technique I used for my card that I never tried before is Ink Smooshing. Love it!!!

Here is a card I made, Blue Congratulations Card.


First I made "smooshed" panel. I used Distressed Inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky) and water. Using a cellophane bag, I smooshed colors on a white watercoloring paper panel. When I was satisfied with color of my panel, I splattered panel with white acrylic paint mixed with water using paint brush.

After I finished panel, I glued it on a white cardstock base. Then, I glued Paper Smooches 'Congratulations' die-cut on the card. I don't have a die-cut machine, so I used die-cut my friend Kristina from Sweden sent me.

I thought I will stop here, but the card was too dark. I glued punched out butterflies from white cardstock paper and vellum paper on the card and glued plastic half beads on vellum butterflies. Finished! :-D

Here are links to video tutorials I used to learn this technique:



Card dimensions are 139 mm x 107 mm (5 1/2" x 4 1/4").

List of supplies: 
  • white cardstock paper 
  • white watercoloring paper 
  • white cardstock paper die-cut Paper Smooches 'Congratulations' (gift from friend)
  • vellum paper 
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky) 
  • Marabu Acrylic Paint (070 White)
  • Rayher's Plastic self adhesive half beads 
  • UHU universal glue 
  • Sakura Quickie Glue Pen
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • tweezers
  • butterfly paper puncher
  • Marabu fine paint brush no. #1
  • sprayer bottle 
  • cellophane bag 
  • hairdryer 
  • water
  • paper towels

Stop by the Crafty Creations Challenges to see gorgeous creations from my Design Team Mates and join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :-D We also have a great prize for one lucky winner. Our sponsor for this fortnight´s challenge is Mary and My Scrap Club.



I am entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Hiding in My Craft Room, HIMCR #212d - Use Die Cuts

2) Live & Love Crafts' Inspiration and Challenge Blog, Challenge #38 Sandy's Choice - Blue
http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.com/

3) Paper Smooches SPARKS, August 16-22 Anything Goes (wk3) challenge

4) Papertake Weekly Challenge, To Die For

5) That Craft Place Challenge, New Challenge For All Crafts - Blue 

6) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from August 18th to August 24th 2015


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous smooshing. And I love color combo on this card.Thanks for sharing the link to my blog.That means a lot to me my dear crafty friend. Hugs from Sweden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great:) love The background and The clean card is so beutiful
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at TTCRD DT
    {My personal Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door


    ReplyDelete
  3. fab card, love the tiny butterfly's,thanks for joining us at That Craft Place hugs, kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created the background. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this design!! Fantastic! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    EnjoyScrappin2 {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a superb creation! It's so lovely!
    Thank you so much for joining us at That Craft Place and good luck!xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...